What is GST software?
A GST software is your one-stop-shop for all your compliance needs. From raising invoices to managing your inward and outward supplies, seamlessly, GST software enables you to keep your books of record up-to-date at all times. Tally.ERP 9 ensures that your GST returns are in sync with your books of accounts, and reflect the same data as used for filing returns in the GST portal, thus proving to be the right GST return software for you.
With GST in place, you might be looking for GST Billing Software and its features. Tally is offering Tally.ERP 9 Release 6 as a GST Ready Software, it's having all the features right from GST Billing to GST Returns, Error Detections & corrections, and many more.
Tally's GST software features
Access your business reports on the browser, anywhere
The latest release brings to you a simple, secure, and swift way to view Tally.ERP 9 reports on the go using any device. Login to Tally portal in a web browser and get frequently used business reports from Tally.ERP 9 on demand.
Start GST billing in a few minutes using Tally.ERP 9 Release 6
Just follow three easy steps and generate your GST bills from Tally.ERP 9
- Enable GST
- Start entering GST Registration details, tax rates, and create tax ledgers
- Create and print sales invoices
All GST transactions and scenarios are supported in Tally's GST-Ready Software
- Handles all your GST invoicing needs, whether it is simple invoices or advanced ones with multi-Item, multi-tax rates and so on. Tally.ERP 9 helps you prevent any incompleteness or errors. Print error-free GST invoices right from the beginning!
- Reverse Charge for all kinds of Business scenarios
- Advance Receipts and Payments
- Invoices for Branch Transfers, in case you have multiple branches
- Tax Payments for all your indirect taxes
- Journal adjustments (Input Tax Credit opening balance, utilize Input Tax Credit, utilize cash)
- Bill of Supply for Composite Dealers
- Invoices for Export businesses
Quickly reconcile with suppliers, and get rightful input tax credit
- Use Tally.ERP 9 Release 6, our GST software to easily detect cases where suppliers missed uploading invoices or if there are any mismatches. Highlight such slippages to your suppliers to avail rightful input tax credit.
Enhance customer satisfaction to get continuous business
- Keep track of invoices pending for upload and do your part to ensure that your customers get their rightful input tax credit. Enhance their satisfaction in doing business with you.
Minimize the chances of GST return rejection
- Quickly detect and correct any mismatches or missing information using Tally's GST software before uploading to GSTN. Save yourself from any last minute surprises in the form of GST return rejections on the GSTN portal.
Experience hassle-free GST returns
- Avoid the pain of segregating invoice-wise information as required by GST return forms. Tally.ERP 9 Release 6, our GST software helps you automatically fill your returns based on the type and value of transactions.
Conveniently file GST returns
- Simply export your GST returns in MS Excel format from our GST-ready software and share with your CA or Tax Practitioner, or file it yourself by converting data into JSON format using the external utility shared by GSTN.
Why businesses need GST Software?
- Suppliers will record all the purchases (goods and services including other business expense purchases) made by you apart from ITC on your goods, you are eligible to avail ITC for purchased services and other business expense purchase of goods and services. Now you have to be very careful about your expense purchase bills, purchase with GST bill as a business rather than as a consumer
- Choose your suppliers carefully to avail ITC smoothly. Similarly, your customers will choose you based on your compliance readiness, hence use best GST Software. They might see how well you have adopted technology, how you will be able to reconcile without discrepancies. How in GST Regime you will file your returns without much of errors, so that they can easily reconcile with you and avail ITC
- Customers may ask for invoice upload at the time of making a purchase "Buyer gets input credit ONLY if seller pays GST" considering this you will start getting request from your customers to upload your sales invoice on GSTN. Customer will ask you to do so, to prevent themselves from any kind of disputes at a later stage. By having a best GST Software in India you can easily manage all this very easily
- You may need to get involved in matching transaction activity, while your Tax Return Preparer will continue to file your returns. There might be situations where your records may not match with your suppliers/customers and same will be intimated to you in Form 2A/1A. Now, you have to reconcile all such mismatch with your suppliers/customers. As you know your business, you can easily connect with your suppliers and manage the same
- Information exchange between you and your TRP will increase. Now, it's not like monthly once you can share your data with TRP as in most of the cases currently, but now you might be sharing data multiple times with your TRP as you will be reconciling mismatch with your suppliers/customers which will lead to changes in data
- You need to upload all your outward supplies including cash sales (First level distributor and second level distributor) As the department is aware of all your purchases, mismatch in stock in hand and outward supply, may lead to departmental scrutiny. Department will come to know when your inward stock is not showing corresponding outward stock
How to use Tally GST Software?
For your business to be GST compliant in a jiffy, simply download and install Tally and follow these steps:
- Create a company
- Enable GST features
- Ledger creation
Yes, it's as simple as that!
Frequently asked questions about GST software
- What are the types of GST returns?
The different types of GST returns are; GSTR 1, GSTR 2, GSTR 2A, GSTR 3, GSTR 3B, GSTR 4 (CMP 08), GSTR 5, GSTR 6, GSTR 7, GSTR 8, GSTR 9, GSTR 9C, GSTR 10, GSTR 11, GSTR 12. Each return form has a different meaning and to get a complete view of when you should file which return, you can click types of GST returns.
- What are the types of New GST return forms?
In a bid to simplify the GST compliance, the GST Council has proposed the new GST returns expected to be introduced from 1st October,2020. Considering the diversity of businesses operating in the country, different returns forms supported with annexure are proposed as a part new return framework. Here is a complete list of new GST return form and annexures.
- What is the eligibility criteria for GST registration?
All businesses are required to assess whether the business is liable to register for GST and accordingly obtain GST registration. The unique registration number must be obtained by every supplier effecting taxable supplies, subject to a threshold limit, by registering with the tax authorities so that all the operations and data relating to the business can be correlated and agglomerated.
To use GST software, you must first have a basic understanding of different kinds of GSTs - CGST, SGST and IGST. For example, if you sell something within the state, 50% of the GST will be CGST and 50% of the GST will be SGST. But when you sell something outside a state, 100% of it will be IGST which will go to the Central Government. Using a GST software will help your business become tax compliant, hassle-free.
- What are the due dates of filing GST returns?
The government on March 24 announced an extension of the last date for filing GSTR-3B for Goods and Services Tax (GST) for March, April and May to June 30, amid the Corona Virus chaos. Ever since GST was introduced, there have been several changes in the due dates of return filing. To avoid paying any late fees, it is always advised to stick to the timelines and keep yourself updated about the due dates.
- What is a composition scheme?
Composition Scheme under GST is a relief mechanism, especially for small tax payers, wherein they can not only have comparatively less tedious compliance practices to deal with, but also pay GST at a lower, fixed composition tax rate on their turnover. Thus, it is important for businesses to be clear about, what is composition scheme.
- What is Sahaj GST returns?
Sahaj is a type of GST return for small taxpayers whose aggregate turnover in the financial year does not exceed 5 Crores and their outward supplies are of B2C nature i.e. outward supplies are made to end consumers and unregistered business.
- What is Sugam GST returns?
Sugam is a new GST return for small taxpayers whose aggregate turnover in the financial year does not exceed 5 Crores and their outward supplies consist of B2B as well as B2C. Businesses opting Sugam GST returns will be allowed to make outward supplies to end consumers, unregistered business and business registered under GST.
For buying or upgrading to Tally's GST Software online, visit Buy/Upgrade Tally GST Software online.
Visit Download GST Software
Read More on GST
GST Software for CAs, GST Software for Traders, GST Invoicing Software, GST Calculator, GST on Freight, GST on Ecommerce, GST Impact on TCS, GST Impact on TDS, GST Exempted Goods & Services, Reverse Charge Mechanism in GST, GST Declaration
GST Rates & Charges
GST Rates, GST Rate Finder, GST Rate on Labour Charges, HSN Codes, SAC Codes, GST State Codes
Types of GST
CGST, SGST, IGST, UTGST, Difference between CGST, SGST & IGST
GST Returns, Types of GST Returns, New GST Returns & Forms, Sahaj GST Returns, Sugam GST Returns, GSTR 1, GSTR 2, GSTR 3B, GSTR 4, GSTR 5, GSTR 5A, GSTR 6, GSTR 7, GSTR 8, GSTR 9, GSTR 10, GSTR 11